VERIBOX - Automatic meter Reading
ATEX Explosion Zone 1 Datalogger with integrated 3G or 4G wireless communication
VERIBOX - Automatic meter Reading / AMR
VERIBOX-MINI is an ATEX ExZone1 (hazardous area) certified, battery-operated system for the automatic meter reading of measuring devices from large / industrial customers, larger measuring points, or generally decentralized locations.
The measured data from the external measuring device (e.g.: meters, electronic volume correctors [EVC], temperature sensors, pressure sensors, etc.) are logged within predefined time intervals and sent to the IT control center at adjustable transmission times using mobile cellular technology (3G-UMTS, 4G-LTE).
In addition, VERIBOX - MINI offers an integrated alarm management system with an automatic immediate warning function (e.g. when a predefined limit is exceeded).
VERIBOX-MINI is designed for ultra-low power applications with a battery-lifetime up to 12 years based on hourly storage and daily mobile / cellular data-transmission.
VERIBOX-MINI is mainly used in the areas of consumption monitoring, demand analysis, network monitoring, leak detection, etc.
Customer success story
...our customer's success stories...
VERIBOX-MINI - The "Careless- Automatic meter Reading (AMR)- Package" for the Austrian Capital
Austria’s largest energy service company, Wiener Netze, safeguards the reliable, uninterrupted supply of energy and all of the associated services to the city of Vienna. Their goal is to develop new processes to improve their day-to-day efficiency while supporting their strategic vision.
“Implementing VERAUTs AMR-solution helps us to focus on our core competencies, customer satisfaction, as we can help our customers to reduce their energy usage and save money”, explains the responsible team at Wiener Netze. “That’s why we have opt in for the complete VERAUTs AMR-solution VERIBOX to upgrade our meter reading system getting a wireless communication infrastructure and software for meter data management.
In general, the full automatic and electronic data capture means significant savings on administrative costs. The metering data in electronic format will be fed directly into our systems.
With the ATEX certified, battery powered VERIBOX AMR-solution we are not bound to non-hazardous area, instead we can actually install the VERIBOX where it suits us best, for example directly in an ATEX Ex-Zone1 area. But not only can meters be read remotely, we also register and store a variety of operational details from electronic volume correctors and/or sensors such as temperature and pressure, which combine to provide better monitoring of individual installations.
- 4 digital inputs / channels (e.g. pulse/reed, switch)
- 3 analog inputs / channels
- (0-10V/0-20mA, e.g.: temperature-/pressure-sensors, etc)
- 2 digital outputs (open collector, max 100mA)
- serial interface RS232/RS485/TTL
- (e.g. electronic volume correctors / EVCs / PTZs)
- optional: absolute encoder or grey code encoder
- optional: multiplexer board for reading 2 EVCs
- (and 2 absolute encoders or grey code encoders)
Supported EVC-Electronic Volume Corrector /
Electronic Gas Volume Converter
Interface for remote reading of following electronic volume correctors (serial RS232/485):
- ACTARIS/ITRON CORUS PTZ
- INSTROMET 999/900/444
- ELSTER EK88, EK90, EK260 , EK280
- KAMSTRUP UNIGAS 300 / E61 /D61
- SICK FLOWSICK 500
- PLUM MACBAT
- ELGAS ELCOR II
- DRESSER MICROSERIES
- REYNOLDS EVC
- MERCURY EVC
- AMERICAN meter PTZ
- FLONIDAN UniFlo
- BARTON EVC
- Proser EVC
- imeter EVC
- TRITSCHLER etc.
Energy Supply (all certified for direct operation in ExZone 1 / hazardous area without ExBarriers):
- Li-Battery (single)
- Li-Battery (double-pack)
- Li-Battery (8-pack)
- 230 VAC net adapter
- 3,3-48 VDC net adapter
- Low installation costs (Plug & Play)
- ATEX explosion zone 1 certified (TÜV-A 04 ATEX 0001X), PTB-1.42 4029030
- Firmware update from distance (TCP/IP); Remote configuration (SMS / UMTS/LTE)
- Datalogger (~ 18.000 memory entries) - Non-volatile memory - No data loss
- meter type independent (interfaces / protocols to most EVCs types available)
- Configuration via display and / or PC software and / or remotely via SMS / FTP.
- Alarmmanagement "on Board" - Immediate alert in case of violation of one of the alarm rules (eg: leakage, exceeding of a permissible hourly consumption, pressure changes, etc.)
Get in Touch
VERAUT - Verfahrens- und Automationstechnik Ges.m.b.H.
Derfflingerstr.14 / C / 3
A-4020 Linz / Austria
+43 732 386361-0
+43 732 386361-20
info [@] veraut.at
Write us ...
Please complete the form fields below and we will contact you shortly.